Friday, February 26, 2010

OK, so I've been away from the blog for a while. After getting yelled at for not staying current, I suppose it's time to update. Without hockey it's tough to find something to rant and rave about, but I'll give it my best shot.

I've been watching the Olympics like many around the world lately. It's a big day for hockey as the US takes on Finalnd in the semifinals. It's also big for Canada as they take on Slovakia. I had Russia facing Canada in the finals so I guess I blew that call. Oh well. I'm pretty glad Russia went home although I was hoping Canada would lose to send that cry baby Sidney Crosby home. It's great to see the US actually show up and compete in the winter games. Winning three medals in Nordic Combined is awesome and I'm hoping we can play some decent hockey and take home a medal in that as well. It was a little sad to see the ladies figure skating streak come to an end but I think the girls did well. There was no way we were going to beat Asado and Kim. They're freaks out there and it made it a lot more fun to watch.

Aside from that, there's not a lot of other things going on. I appreciate everyone's support on the Air Force debate. After talking to some people, looking into the program, and some serious soul searching, I've decided to rely on loans to finance my education. The debt free nature of the military is incredibly appealing. However, I can't really justify doing it just for that. I would like to serve and I respect everyone who does, but as a physician, the private route seems to be the best fit for me. It's one of those decisions where you have to make it and trust yourself and that's exactly what I'm doing.

That's all I've got for now. NHL hockey resumes next week so I'm sure I'll have plenty to write about. Thanks for reading and as always, I'm Steven Sorci and I approved this message.

No comments:

Post a Comment