Friday, August 13, 2010

I've Learned What?

And now the real game begins... The second week is now complete and the first full week of medical school classes is over. Looking back at what I've learned so far, it seems like I've completed an entire semester but it's only been 6 days of class! I'm working harder then I ever thought possible, but you know what, I love it. I'm tired and I need a mental break, but it's been worth it in this short time. 

Anatomy has been pretty intense and it's only getting worse. We've completed the back and moved on to the upper limb. I've taken 8 years of Spanish and I'm pretty sure I've studied close to the same amount of vocabulary this week. OK, maybe not that much, but it does feel that way. 

In the midst of that, we've started OPP and Clinical Skills which makes it seem real. Yeah, it's how to take a patient history, but it's still exciting. Student Doctor Sorci would like to know what brings you in today. How can I help you today? It has a nice ring to it. 

So, things are moving along nicely. It seems like there's no possibility that I'll ever learn all of this stuff, but I'm confident that I'll get through. Two more weeks until the first Anatomy exam and 8 more weeks of Anatomy. That doesn't sound so bad after all. 

I hope everyone back in Atlanta is doing well. I still miss everyone but I'm getting by. Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. HEY LIL'BUDDHA-BOY,
    Just check'in up on ya,lol,lol...I think you'll be fine my little buddha-brother...I'm currently in Charleston,sc checking out the job market but also met this morning with a PRINT GALLERY on Market ST.Art's a tough business at the moment,but still plugging away at it.Since 1992 I might add,so just to give you some encouragemnet, if you want it bad enough,sometimes it takes longer then we wish,lol,lol,soI guess the BUDDHA,LOL,MORAL of the story is hang in there,all will be revealed when it's supposed to,lol,lol...Thats my Buddha-teaching for the day,lol,lol.I guess I-AM the Happy Buddha-today,lol,lol.later my friend..TELL MS.(MA) BUDDHA,I said hey,K..
    LOVE AND MUCH LIGHT...PETE/Yeshe:0

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHHHHHHHHH FORGOT...LATER DOC-HOC....

    ReplyDelete